Representative Fontaine co-sponsored and passed the following pieces of legislation on the 2011 legislative session:
- HB491- Directed the Department of Public Safety to pursue professional accreditation of the State Sherriff Division. HB491 passed both Houses unanimously and was signed into law as Act 111 by Gov. Abercrombie on June 14.
- HB1622- Allows for the construction of a privately funded Law Enforcement Memorial. On April 25 I joined Governor Abercrombie as he signed HB1622 into law as Act 14.
- HR157- Requested a Federal emergency declaration for Maui and Hawaii Counties--which we received from the Obama Administration April 8.
- HB688- Requires the Department of Education to monitor compliance with anti-bullying rules and statutes. After passing both Houses unanimously, HB688 was signed into law as Act 214 on July 11th.
- HB1333- Eased the settling of business disputes by giving access to Small Claims Court for cases of $5000 or less. HB 1333 became law as Act 141 on June 20.